Design Thinking and Innovation: A Key to improve Organizational Culture
The rising population and the advancement of technology to create sleek products have given rise to a new methodology and named it Design Thinking. The process of design thinking involves observing the priorities of consumer’s needs and challenges and applies a creative approach to come up with innovative solutions to make the user’s experience elegant. The concept of design thinking is highly crucial in various complex systems because:
- It aims at solving the concrete human demands.
- It tackles difficulties that are complex to define.
- It accompanies more ingenious solutions.
- It makes organizations run more efficiently.
So, to make it easy, we have mentioned design thinking ways to make it easy to improve organizational culture. These are –
- Creates a Culture of Collaboration: The design thinking process motivates open collaborations. Instead of keeping everything in one hand, design thinking turns the table of organizational culture table towards the ideology of one that encourages and appreciates collaborations to make work efficient.
- Design Thinking and Innovation cultivates ideation: Divergent Thinking is an essential part of Design Thinking. By encouraging creative thoughts and ideas, the concept of design thinking can throw out organizations from the usual political and official restrictions. Embracing the culture of ideation helps the company in enjoyably tackling the toughest tasks.
- Design Thinking motivates and requires effective Failure: Many organizations that are outdated and are not surrounded by policies are more focused on efficiency. In these companies, a workplace failure is considered equal to an employee’s personal failures. And with this attitude, the company follows the steps of reframing their failures as their opportunities. This thing encourages the company to take risky steps to make things innovative and learn from their failures.
- Design Thinking and Innovation turn employees into knowledge greeders: With design thinking, an effective learning environment can be created for employees. This kind of environment can help the company’s employees gain new skill sets, remain up to date, and make the company productive.
- Design Thinking helps in making a motivational environment: The process of Design thinking makes a company efficient because, in this case, the employees feel risk-free to opt for innovative ideas and don’t fears future failures. The design thinking-led companies most prominently focus on making the solutions innovative irrespective of risks. Sometimes they fail, but most importantly they learn from that and starts working again admiring different technique, this type of environment motivates the employees. And the employees dedicatedly work towards innovations to make the company’s products efficient.
A survey was conducted with the involvement of few companies. Half of the companies were design-led companies in that survey, whereas the other half were not design-led companies. It was observed that the design-led companies performed much better by 228% in comparison to the normal companies. This simply means that the art of thinking innovation effectively helps in making business performances strong. And to master this art of thinking innovation and design thinking, one needs to have a visionary mindset.
So, if you are looking for an elite institution with a strong foundation, you should consider MIT ID Innovation. MIT ID Innovation is like a book that will make you eager to gain knowledge and will always guide you to the stage of success in the field of design thinking by giving wings to your crucial dreams.