The Significance Of Innovation Workshops For Your Organisation
October 22, 2021
Organizational longevity and expansion are aided by innovation. Businesses may enhance their processes and culture by prioritising innovation. The business needs to be innovative in terms of product, idea, service, technology etc. Thus, conducting an innovation workshops is another approach to encourage your staff to be more creative.
What is an Innovation Workshop?
A design thinking workshop is something that many people have heard about or attended. An invention workshop is a little broader phrase, although they have a lot of similarities. An innovation workshop gathers important stakeholders or team members to brainstorm new solutions to a specific business problem.
Innovation workshops are often led by a competent workshop facilitator who creates a schedule and a set of tasks that allow you to engage together on your goal. Depending on your needs and the time you have available, your innovation workshop could last a half-day, a week, or even a few weeks.
In an Innovation Workshop, what should you expect?
A well-thought-out innovation workshop is adapted to your specific problem and difficulty. To be effective, one should not limit one's work to a single set of activities or approaches. Use a variety of techniques to create innovation workshops tailored to your clients’ specific needs.
Here are a few examples of such workshop activities:
- Discuss your project's goals and challenges.
- To immerse people in the problem environment, review statistics, customer research, or other material relevant to your organisation or challenge.
- Determine the most promising areas of potential for your company's problem (i.e. At the time of sign-up, you have a real chance of capturing more people).
- Collaborate in groups or teams to come up with fresh ideas and then refine them.
- Ideas are rated or ranked based on their desirability, viability, and feasibility.
- Make a roadmap and/or agree on the next stages.
- Make quick prototypes of possible solutions.
When should an Innovation Workshop be considered?
There are numerous opportunities to bring a group together for an invention workshop. Following are the situations when businesses frequently seek assistance and the clarity that an innovation workshop may provide:
- If you're just getting started on a project or initiative. An innovation workshop can get the project off to a good start by ensuring that all key players achieve the same goal and vision.
- Whenever a project has reached a deadlock or requires revival. Perhaps you started great, but now your team is having trouble, is at odds, or is unsure of what to do next. Sessions on innovation or courses in Innovation can help you refocus your efforts.
- Sometimes you need to improve or alter your existing product and services. An innovation workshops can reveal all of the potential next steps or paths forward and assist you in identifying a way forward if you know you need to do something different but aren't sure what it is.
- Customers' demands are more significant than ever, and large, long-standing legacy organizations can no longer rely on their size and influence alone to keep up with the pace of change. They must modify their ways of doing things, and they must do so soon.
About MIT ID Innovation
MIT ID Innovation is one of India's most prestigious institutes for innovation-related courses. The MIT ID Innovation Programme collects and curates knowledge and experiences that question evolution's basic paradigm.
The institute was founded to foster a new generation of comprehensive innovators - people who are informed by design thinking, affected by emerging technologies and trends and motivated to make their mark on the global political, social, economic, and technological landscape.